Thursday, January 27, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

For as long as I can remember my mother fed me oatmeal, and I hated it! I fought her tooth and nail but she kept feeding me that slimy, warm, slop. Please don't get me wrong I love my mother and she is a VERY healthy eater so she had good intention when she MADE me eat it. She was actually really smart cold cereal costs a lot more and four kids can go through it like crazy, ask me how I know?? Now that I'm a big girl I've learned the health benefits of it and so I've tried to make it several different ways, nothing has compared to baking it. It was amazing! It tastes like a warm oatmeal cookie and banana bread SO good!

                                                           BAKED OATMEAL




Ingredients:
1 1/2 c old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 c brown sugar
1t cinnamon
1t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 c milk
1/4 c melted butter (ok so not healthy but every things better with butter)
1 lg egg 
1/2 t vanilla
1 banana sliced (dude if you don't like nana then just leave it out)


preheat oven to 350 degrees 


                                        wisk oats, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt


in a seperate bowl mix milk, butter, egg, and vanilla


mix wet ingredients into dry, this is where I added the banana


pour mixture into a pie plate sprayed with non stick spray, and smooth out 




bake for 20-25 min, or until golden brown.
 let cool 10 min



ENJOY!!!! Oh my goodness is it good!

even the hubs is asking for me to make it again, and he usually, always likes what i make but rarely asks for it again partly because he calls me the "board chef"always making something new.



2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try this out, thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete